Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

 1. Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.
For my independent component I am planning to start a club. The purpose of the club is to raise sexual assault awareness as well as other issues society is facing, and raise money for the project sister organization. Also I'm one of the committee member for the Denim day event. I'm going to have to go to different meetings in order to organize the event. 

2. Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours work requirement.
I'm planning to have a club meeting once a week, and have different events in which we could raise money for the organization,  other events to raise awareness. Also the meetings I will have with the Denim Day committee members and the actual event. 

3. How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?   
My EQ is "What is the best way to help a patient that suffers from PTSD due to sexual abuse?" and one of my possible answers is prevention. And raising awareness is a way to prevent sexual abuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment