Monday, October 10, 2011

Defining the Essential Question

What is your EQ?
What is the best way to help a patient that suffers for from PTSD due to sexual abuse?
Define the words in your EQ to make sure we are on the same page regarding what your EQ means.
To Help: to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist.
PTSD: Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event.
What are some possible answers to your EQ so far?
-          Join a support group.
-          Meditation
What has been your most important source and why?
Since I just change my topic, I don’t have too much research. However, I believe that the most important resource so far was the article "The Monsters in My Head: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and the Child Survivor of Sexual Abuse." This is my most important source so far because it explains what it is, and it gave me the idea for my essential question.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment