Monday, September 5, 2011

Blog 1: Senior Project Topic.

What is your topic?
Child Welfare.

Why?
The reason why I chose Child Welfare as my project is because social work is one of my career options. Personally, I don't think that being a social worker is easy. I know what their job is, but I really don't know what are all the things they have to do in order to do a good job. Therefore, I'd like to explore a little more in depth what their job is really about. Also, I have always had a passion for kids, and since I was little I knew I wanted to do something to help others, especially children. I believe that children play an important role in our future as the same way we do in their present. They need to have a decent childhood in order to develop every skill they have, and that is why I would like to help those that are not living in a appropriate family environment.

What do you hope to accomplish after studying this topic this year?
I hope to really understand and learn more about the different ways child welfare can help a child. Also to find out if this is something I really want to do, and even if I don't like it as much as I thought I did, I think this would give me experience and would help me to know more about myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment